Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Good vibrations....meme

A meme from moondreamer...Five ways to 'raise your vibrations' (aside from operating a pneumatic drill?)



Walking, always walking - in the countryside, in the hills, in the city, on my own with a camera, with friends, with family. This is a picture from today's walk.

Swimming - We usually go once a week - I love the water, and the way swimming feels like gliding. If it's warm enough I especially like swimming outside, in the sea, or a lake.

Travelling from place to place, preferably with no timetable to keep to, on my own or with others. I like driving or taking public transport. Once we cycled and camped for two weeks. I think Bruce Chatwin was right - we are a nomadic species.

Reading and writing - for the escape from the everyday.

Watching Mastermind and University Challenge - though why they make me feel good is a mystery. I can't answer many questions.

There are other things which I do from time to time, like knitting, making bits of patchwork, and I really should start playing the keyboard and weaving again. Hey, I haven't mentioned surfing the internet either.

I'm going to tag Rich Sampson

3 comments:

Rich said...

Well and truly tagged! Like the pic, makes me jealous as I have nothing but rows of houses and parked cars to look at.

Cheers,
Rich

Moondreamer said...

Love these, ali, and that pic is gorgeous ... you are obviously a telented photographer as well as writer!

Weaving is something I'd love to try. I expect it's very therapeutic.

:o)

aliqot said...

Thanks, Rich. Sometimes the countryside is good, at others the city has more to offer. Always difficult to keep life balanced.
;-)

moondreamer - the only weaving I've done has been very simple. One of my childhood friends had a real loom, so I improvised with wool on the foot of the bed - one of those with wooden rails. Then I did some on very basic frame looms - just little mats really, but I enjoyed the process.