Saturday, June 22, 2019

No, no, I'm not litter picking today

I'll just take a walk down to the Welland, and maybe come back tomorrow...but the verges have been cut and there is a bit of trash! Not as much as I have seen before, and I'm really not going looking - I'm only wearing sandals, and i haven't brought my picker or a bag. So some things were definitely out of reach.

I end up with several flattened drinks cans and one or two shredded ones, a couple of flattened plastic bottles and a few crisp packets, plus one broken Budweiser bottle and one that's intact. All put in the litter bin, rather than carried home to sort.

There is a spot near the bridge where comfrey was in flower, attracting several bees. I also saw damsel flies, and a small tortoiseshell butterfly. It flew away when a car drove by, so no photo today.


No comments: