Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Litter picking and beauty

It's still dry - the outdoors beckons. Time to litter pick a local roadside!

This is a lay-by which I have reported several times over the last year. I think East Northants Council may be getting the message. I hope it is more than a token gesture!




Apart from that eyesore, I collected a carrier bag full of stuff like food wrappers, wet wipes, squashed cans, plastic bottle tops and general gunk. And another one full of stuff that can be recycled, I hope.





The inevitable escaped helium balloon!

These two bags full of garbage were further along the road.

On the positive side, the verges are full of wild flowers, the birds sing, and I heard the hoot of a distant train.





There no plastic bottles in the village pond today!
 Water lilies are beginning to bloom.

No comments: