Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The eclipse makes the stars shine

The lunar eclipse on September 28th early in the morning in the UK was well worth missing some sleep for. 


It all began with a wonderful sunset on Sunday evening.

Then the harvest moon rose and hung low and lustrous in the sky, and huge as it does just after it appears.

A few hours later I grabbed some sleep, knowing that my resident astronomer would wake me up later to see this and more.
Photograph by Harry
Harry played magician and camera wizard with some more great pics

The constellations grew clearer in the still night as the moon's light dimmed. I recognised The Plough, Orion, Cassiopeia, Auriga, and Perseus - getting better! 

The only downside was that I was late waking up to lead my friends on a walk the next day, but they were quite affable and what's an hour among mates?


No comments: